Fortnightly rant or so

Sometimes I just have to get something off my chest. So why inflict it on the whole world, you might ask? Why not, I might reply.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jackson, Tennessee, United States

I write a lot, and I try my hand at drawing. I was once wrestled to the ground by a set of bagpipes. Check out my work at StCelibart.com

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Rights to the land

Here's an excellent sermon by John Piper on the turmoil going on in the middle east and what whole-Bible doctrine says about the land. The one additional thing I'd have liked to see him expound upon is how Heb. 3-4 teaches the "rest" of entering the land was a type of perfect rest in Christ.

For his teaching about gentiles being grafted onto the vine, consider too Jesus' teaching of Jn. 15, in which the dead wood of the vine is pruned away and burned. So scripture tells us Isreal was at one and the same time winnowed and expanded. Thereby God created "the Israel of God" (Gal. 6:16) which we call the Church.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel Gruver said...

Hey...on another note...what is your email addy? send me one...
melissadgruver@yahoo.com

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home