Fortnightly rant or so

Sometimes I just have to get something off my chest. So why inflict it on the whole world, you might ask? Why not, I might reply.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jackson, Tennessee, United States

I write a lot, and I try my hand at drawing. I was once wrestled to the ground by a set of bagpipes. Check out my work at StCelibart.com

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Frederick Buechner

"(Friends who) had entered the part of me where my dreams come from, and although a number of years have gone by since then, some of them come ambling through my dreams still." Frederick Buechner, "Now and Then"

Your dreams tell you when you've become attached to someone. I love Buechner. Even his prosaic accounts are beautifully written and full of insight and imagery. One problem resides with him, though: You can't talk about him with friends because nobody really knows how to pronounce his name. Even people who have heard it pronounced in the media are likely to have heard a handful of different pronunciations. So, after much trouble and exhaustive investigation, I hereby reveal the correct pronunciation: FRO-derick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home