Fortnightly rant or so

Sometimes I just have to get something off my chest. So why inflict it on the whole world, you might ask? Why not, I might reply.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jackson, Tennessee, United States

I write a lot, and I try my hand at drawing. I was once wrestled to the ground by a set of bagpipes. Check out my work at StCelibart.com

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Instant analysis

Here's a couple of things to look for over the next two years:

Nationally, the Democrats ran on nothing proactive. Locally, many of the new House members ran as conservatives. The national leadership of the Democrat party is way-far-left-liberal. So, as their agenda takes its liberal shape, will these new conservative Democrat members fall in line behind their leadership, or will they vote their values? This could make the "Blue-Dog" Democrats a key group for both parties to court.

The other thing is Senate Republicans. Assuming that they will be the minority, will they conduct themselves as followers, or will they adopt the Democrat strategy of obstruction? After all, they'll be only a one-seat minority. If every piece of legislation that comes up is under threat of filibuster, nothing will pass. One thing's for sure, though, no Bush judges will be approved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home